Stars & STEM
Stars & STEM is an immersive evening STEM program designed for students who want to experience the wonders of space exploration through STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics).We provide engaging, hands-on activities developed to match grade level standards so students are challenged, inspired and eager to explore STEM concepts.
NEW POLICIES & PROCEDURES
Space Center Houston is excited to welcome back students for our Stars & STEM Program. To ensure a safe environment for our students and crew members, we ask all participants to review our new policies and procedures before participating.
- Event capacity: The program capacity is limited to ensure social distancing can be met and sanitizing practices can be implemented.
- Face coverings: All students, chaperones and staff are required to wear a face covering while at Space Center Houston. The only time face coverings can be removed is when eating or drinking while being stationary. If you arrive without a face covering, one can be purchased onsite.
- Meals: Dinner will be provided in The Food Lab. All food must be consumed in The Food Lab. Bottled water is allowed throughout the center.
- Activities: Our activities have been designed to ensure a safe environment for learning.
- In order to maintain social distancing, activities will be conducted in large open areas of the center.
- Activity areas will allow for all participants to remain at least 6 feet apart.
- Participants will sit at opposite ends of a 8-foot table.
- Supplies will be prepared and placed at the tables before the activities begin.
- Participants will remain at assigned stations throughout the activity portion.
- Participants will be assigned a restroom based on their activity location during the evening portion of the program.