Space Center Houston is owned and operated by the nonprofit Manned Space Flight Education Foundation with extensive education programs, a museum of space artifacts and exhibits, space attractions and your gateway to tour NASA Johnson Space Center.
Be inspired by the wonders of space exploration and go behind the scenes of America’s exciting space program.
How do you make the most of your trip?
Space Center Houston, dubbed “the big draw” by USA Today, has more than 400 things to see and do. Use our tips and advice below to help make your trip stress free and unforgettable.
Before your visit
Visit any Houston-area promotional partner location to find our spring coupons for big savings on admission. Available while supplies last, quantities are limited and the spring coupons expire May 32, 2016. The coupon discounts are valid for $5 off in line at the ticket booth by producing a valid coupon, or you can save $7 by purchasing online using the online coupon code printed on the paper coupon. Two great ways to save, but one great space adventure!
Permanent ways to save:
A special discount of $5 off regular admission prices is available to active duty U.S. military and AAA members with I.D.
Want even bigger savings? Discounts are also available for groups of 15 or more who make reservations and prepay at least one week in advance of the visit. Get more information on group pricing by calling our Reservations Department at +1 281-283-4755 during normal business hours.
Best value: Become a member today and save money with free return trips all year long and enjoy extra benefits.
If you plan to visit other Houston attractions, purchase a CityPASS and save 48 percent off admission to Space Center Houston and four more top Houston attractions: 1) Downtown Aquarium, 2) Houston Museum of Natural Science, 3) Houston Zoo OR Museum of Fine Arts and 4) Houston Children’s Museum OR Kemah Boardwalk All-Day Ride Pass. You’ll skip most ticket lines, too. The CityPASS pocket-sized booklet of admission tickets is valid for nine days beginning the first day of booklet use.
Learn more and purchase booklets or printable vouchers at CityPASS.com or at a Space Center Houston ticket booth for the same low price of $56 (value $107) for adults and $46 (value $79) for children (ages 3-11).
Avoid wait lines for shuttle Independence and tram tours by getting a free timed ticket on our website before your visit. Tickets must be either printed prior to arrival or presented on your mobile device to the Crew Member at the tram-tour loading area or at Independence Plaza. You also can get a ticket once you arrive at our center by going to the timed ticket stations at the Membership Desk or visiting spacecenter.org/nowait and reserve a tour time through your mobile device. Questions? Visit the timed ticketing frequently asked questions page.
- Comfortable clothing: Guests are advised to wear comfortable, weather-appropriate clothing as some experiences take place outdoors over extended periods of time. The NASA Tram tour is an open-air tram. Be sure to monitor weather conditions and dress appropriately.
- Shoes: Wear comfortable shoes, such as athletic shoes. There is a lot to explore in our 183,000-square-foot facility and some walking is required on the NASA Tram Tour.
- Bags: Bring a small bag. It can seem impossible to lug around your souvenirs and stuff all day. Large diaper bags are permitted, but are subject to inspection. For your safety and the safety of others, all bags must be screened by security officers prior to entering Space Center Houston.
- Cameras: Charge your camera and bring an extra set of batteries. We welcome photography at Space Center Houston but not inside our theaters. Crew members will point out photo restrictions on the NASA tours. If you are news media, please visit our news page.
Do not bring:
- Weapons: Weapons are not permitted in the facility. These include, but are not limited to, guns and other firearms, stun guns, pepper spray and other chemical irritants, explosives and pocket knives or pen knives with blades longer than 4 inches and/or with locking blades. Any item that is in violation of state or federal statues is not permitted.
- Luggage: “Luggage,” such as oversized backpacks, large duffel bags and suitcases, cannot be brought into the facility. Lockers are available for rent with rates ranging from $3 to $21 depending on storage requirements.
- Alcoholic beverages: Alcoholic beverages are not permitted.
- Food and coolers: Large quantities of food and coolers are not permitted inside the facility. Exceptions can be made for meals necessitated by dietary or medical needs. Guests are welcome to use the outdoor picnic facility near the front entrance.
- Pets: With the exception of trained service animals, pets are not permitted at Space Center Houston.
Purchase an Audio Tour
Lunch with an Astronaut: Every Friday Space Center Houston is proud to offer the extraordinary opportunity to dine with a NASA astronaut. Hear amazing stories from a NASA astronaut while enjoying a cosmic lunch prepared by our award winning catering staff. As a special memento of your visit, you will receive a personalized photograph from our guest astronaut.
Purchase a lunch with an astronaut
During your visit
If you need cash during your visit, we have two ATM machines inside Space Center Houston. The machines are located at the Space Center Houston front entrance and the entrance to Zero-G Diner.
Independence Plaza: Independence Plaza, presented by Boeing, contains the historic shuttle carrier aircraft NASA 905 with the high-fidelity shuttle replica Independence mounted on top. You can tour this international landmark at your own pace. We suggest allowing about an hour and a half to explore this innovative exhibit celebrating the Space Shuttle Program.
NASA Tram Tour: The NASA Tram Tour takes you behind-the-scenes at NASA Johnson Space Center. You will tour Rocket Park, home of the Saturn V rocket, which is the most powerful rocket ever built. Check the information screens in the tram-loading area to see what other NASA locations you will tour that day. Tram tours are subject to change and cancellation at a moment’s notice due to inclement weather and unforeseen circumstances. The tram tour visits working government facilities which are subject to availability and can temporarily close to visitors without notice.
Astronaut Gallery: Walk through Astronaut Gallery to see the world’s most comprehensive collection of astronaut apparel and space suits.
International Space Station Gallery: See live presentations, artifacts, space hardware, displays and other amazing pieces from the orbiting laboratory known as the International Space Station.
Space Center Theater: Enjoy a film in the towering, five-story-tall Space Center Theater, one of the largest 4K theaters in Texas with the latest in audio and video technology.
Living in Space: This interactive presentation gives you a glimpse inside life on the International Space Station. The Living in Space module shows you what our astronauts experience on a daily basis. You’ll discover how even the smallest tasks are complicated by a microgravity environment.
Blast-Off! Theater: Go inside Blast-Off! Theater for a real-time update on current NASA missions, as well as a sneak peek into future space exploration.
Stellar Science Show: Ignite your curiosity in space and science with innovative productions that deliver advanced science concepts in an engaging and easy to understand form. Produced and performed by experienced professionals; you’ll be amazed at how entertaining learning can be.
Motion simulators: Our simulator rides use a powerful hydraulic and theater systems to guide you on action-packed adventures through the galaxy! The simulators costs between $5 and $7.
Zero-G Diner: Fuel for your Space Center Houston visit with lunch at the Zero-G Diner. From deli sandwiches, salads and vegetarian meals to pizza and hamburgers to the full-service Starbucks, you are bound to find something to enjoy.
Large quantities of food and coolers are not permitted inside the facility. Exceptions can be made for meals necessitated by dietary or medical needs. Guests are welcome to use the outdoor picnic facility near the front entrance, but be sure to have your hand stamped so you can be readmitted to the center after lunch.
Coca-Cola is the exclusive beverage provider of Space Center Houston.
Ages 3 and younger
Ages 65 and older
Up to four people
|Family membership add-on|