Challenge: Create an original recipe using Mars-approved ingredients provided. With NASA’s plans for a manned mission to Mars in 2030, ingredients will need to be shelf-stable for at least six months at room temperature.
- All recipe ingredients must come from the ingredient list.
- Create an original dish and document what you used, how much you used, and how you used each ingredient in the recipe.
- Name your culinary creation and take a picture of it. Recipes and photos will be subject to an online search.
- Upload your picture, recipe title, and a description of how to prepare it before the deadline of Sept. 28th.
- The winning dish will be featured in Space Center Houston’s Zero-G Diner and the winner will receive 4 free tickets to Space Center Houston on Home School Day (Oct. 8).
- Winner will be announced Oct. 1st.
Deadline for entry: 11:59 p.m. CST Sept. 28
Judging: A panel of judges will determine the winner who will receive complimentary admission for Home School Day 2015 and the dish will be featured in the Zero-G Diner that day.
Times and locations of speakers, presentations, workshops, shows, activities and demonstrations subject to change without notice.